Hoyz Castle - Gold Plate
Hoyz Castle - Gold Plate
Part of the Hoyz ring collection, this exquisite piece features the Castle design in gold plated silver. The ring is a beautiful statement piece of jewellery, designed to be worn. Combining historical origins with contemporary style, these updated designs strike a perfect balance of new yet old. Inspired by antique Jewish wedding rings, the architectural symbol traditionally represented the marital home of the new couple. The detailed house or 'hoyz’ in yiddish was a symbol of love, harmony and holiness. Just as the original house rings were created by master craftsmen, this ring has been meticulously modelled by highly skilled hands, using the best of British Jewellery manufacturing and quality materials.
All of our rings are made to order as such, we do not accept returns or issue refunds.
Please allow up to four weeks for your purchase to be delivered as each piece is made to order.
The Hoyz Collection
Inspired by beautifully ornate, antique Jewish wedding rings, this unique collection of rings feature wonderful miniature palaces, castles and temples. These architectural symbols traditionally represented the temple in Jerusalem as well as the marital home of the new couple. The detailed house or 'hoyz’ in yiddish was a symbol of love, harmony and holiness.
The house rings were popular throughout European Jewish communities between the 14-17th centuries and typically used during the wedding ceremony. Due to the extravagant craftsmanship each ring was an exceptional work of art and so few families could afford their own. It is thought that in many cases one ring would be owned and shared by an entire community.
The persecution the Jews faced during this time meant that most of their valuable items were buried when they fled their towns for safety and few authentic examples of these beautiful treasures survived. The house ring tradition eventually fell out of fashion and by the 20th century it had become almost unheard of in Jewish communities, many Jews remain unaware of this custom having ever even existed.
The Hoyz collection aims to revive the house ring as a universal symbol of love, repurposed for every occasion. Whether as a treasure for yourself, a gift for a special person or a stunning alternative engagement ring (available in 18 karat gold) these beautiful rings are too special to be forgotten.
Just as the original antique house rings were created by master craftsmen, the Hoyz range has been meticulously modelled by highly skilled hands and uses the best of British Jewellery manufacturing to produce in quality materials to a high finish.
These are the dimensions of the bezel (castle), band dimensions are dependent on your ring size.
If you are unsure of your ring size, please use this table as a guide. Ring measurements table.
- Measure your finger at the end of the day when your finger is likely to be at its largest.
- Do not measure your finger when it is hot or cold.
- Bear in mind that the two hands differ slightly in size; a ring worn on a finger of the left hand will not be a perfect fit for the same finger on the right hand.Therefore, measure the specific finger on which you are planning to wear the ring.
- Make sure that the chosen size leaves enough room for the ring to pass easily along the entire length of the finger.
- To measure your finger, you can use a tape measure, a strip of paper or a piece of string. Measure the circumference of your finger in mm. This measurement corresponds to the size of the ring.
- Remove your jewellery when exercising, cleaning, gardening, or any other physical work.
- Try to keep your jewellery away from harsh cosmetics such as perfumes, soaps and lotions. These will cause for gold plating to erode and silver to tarnish at a much faster rate. Take rings off when washing your hands and showering, and applying perfume and lotions before you put on your jewellery.
- Jewellery should be taken off before entering a pool, shower or sea.
Each piece is individually finished and so there may be some subtle visual variations between your piece, and the one shown. Because your piece will be made especially for you, we currently cannot accept returns.